Sunday, March 4, 2012

Sometimes i'm lost... then i'm found.

Lately I've been growing back closer to God and it's been a pretty slow situation... i've learned that mending a broken relationship takes time and patience. And my relationship with him wasn't the only one that's been growing again. In freshman year God added a girl into my chain of best friends. I have been through thick and thin with her and wouldn't be the man I am without her. We've had tons of laughs. And recently a few disagreements, but all good friends do... right? I allowed them to pull me away from my view of our friendship though. And God made it clear to me after the game tonight that a few disagreements weren't worth jeopardizing a living and passionate friendship. Needless to say, He is always right. I love Her to death and after. She has always been a supporting friend and had a loving nature. I guess the point of this post is, don't let the devil squeeze in... because he has no right to. He was trying to destroy a relationship even when he knew it was too strong to destroy. God answered my prayers, he held together something that felt so disrupted for a brief time. But the point is, I don't want to get disrupted anymore. We can't let the devil move in on our friendships, though he can't destroy them, he can disrupt them. And in our lives we don't have the time for that. God calls us to love, so let's do it...

Thank you God, for every blessing and every thought. 

By the way, this is Caity holding her nephew Joel above, she's the one that changed my life for the better, the day I walked up and said "hi" to her in the cafeteria freshman year. I love this girl. 

2 comments:

  1. Madeline HendricksonMarch 5, 2012 at 5:15 AM

    beautiful !!! and well said. The enemy comes to steal, kill and destroy. We need not be ignorant of the devils devices.

    ReplyDelete